However, getting rid of the campfire smell isn't a complicated task, but sometimes it can be challenging to remove in one way. So, you can try multiple ways, such as washing your hair with fragrant shampoo, applying baking soda and essential oils, and spraying a mist of lemon juice on your hair.
In this guide, we have elaborated on how to get rid of the campfire smell from your hair at home without much effort.
Learn more about How to Get Campfire Smell Out of Clothes?
How To Get Rid of Campfire Smell From Hair?
You may like the campsite scent at a campground, but you may not want this smell to go with you by getting into your hair.
Washing your hair is the best and most possible way to eliminate the campfire smell. You might have tried this method, but plenty of other ways, including dry shampoo, vodka, and dry sheets, will bring back the fresh smell of your hair.
Here are some of the efficient ways to remove the smoke smell from hair:
Wash Hair With Shampoo
Shampoo is a regular part of everyone's beauty routine that you can also use to get rid of the campfire smell.
Give your hair a thorough wash with shampoo and rinse it with water. It might not be easy to remove this smell if you are on a weekend camping or passed through cigarette smoke.
Deodorize Your Hair With Baking Soda
Baking Soda is commonly used to deal with bad smells. Smells are acidic that are often neutralized by baking soda.
- You must apply it by entirely covering your hair.
- Dust some baking soda on the hair and use a brush at different sections to thoroughly coat hair strands.
- Baking soda will also reduce the campfire smell but keep it minimum, as powdery residue will leave behind in your hair.
Use Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo is one of the best treatments for hair to get rid of the smoke smell from hair.
- Spray the dry shampoo on your hair's roots but ensure the spray is kept 6 inches away from the scalp.
- Fluff the hair with your fingers and brush it to spread it properly.
Learn more about What are the Types of Campfires?
Reduce Smoke Smell With Lemon Juice
Lemon or orange is often used for hair treatment.
- You can get rid of the campfire smell with lemon by squeezing its juice out.
- Remove the peeling and crush it well.
- Add crushed peels and lemon juice inside a spray bottle.
- Leave the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Spray with the solution by dividing the hair into sections and combing with your hands.
Citrus juice also helps remove the smoke smell, but you must be careful as applying it near the skin will cause skin damage.
Run A Dryer Sheet From Roots To The End of Your Hair
A dryer sheet can absorb the campfire smell and leave your hair smelling fresh.
- Before using it, divide your hair into sections.
- Rub a dryer sheet all over your hair, from the roots to the ends.
- Grab the sheet and clamp it down from each section.
- Cover all the hair sections similarly and blow dry your hair at the end to eliminate the smoke smell.
Apply Essential Oils
You can find multiple varieties of essential oils with different odors. These oils benefit hair for several reasons and leave a pleasant smell behind. Lavender, lemon, or mint oils are highly effective for this purpose.
- You can pick your favorite one and apply it to your hair.
- Add a few drops of essential oil and mix with a small amount of pure water inside a spray bottle.
- Comb your hair with your fingers to spread the oil.
Note: Lavender oil is also best known for reducing stress. So you can get rid of the campfire smell and stress simultaneously.
Use Vodka To Get Rid of Smoke Smell
Though it sounds a bit weird, Vodka is really good for eliminating bad smoke smell from hair, removing smoke residues, and deodorizing properties.
The best thing is vodka doesn't smell like alcohol after drying, which won't bother you.
- Take a spray bottle and add water and vodka in a ratio of 50:50.
- Comb or brush your hair and apply the mixture.
- Leave hair for a few minutes for drying.
- Give it another shot to completely get rid of the smoke smell.
Use A Hair Perfume
Hair perfumes are new to the market but are gaining attention due to their fantastic fragrance. These perfumes are mainly designed for hair to smell good.
However, hair perfumes are expensive but most useful for people who deodorize their hair.
How To Keep Your Hair Safe From The Smoke Smell?
Though it is common to get a smoke smell in your hair on camp nights, you may wonder if there is any way to keep your hair safe from these smells.
Here are some practical tips you must consider while camping near a fire:
Keep Your Hair Covered
Wear a hat or a hoodie to cover your hair near a campfire, as the risk of smoke smell will reduce to a great extent. Your clothes will also catch the smoke smell, which you must avoid by using methods to get rid of the campfire smell from your clothes.
Avoid Getting Near Smoke
Though the possibility seems less, you can try to avoid smoke. It might be difficult for you to have all fun at the campfire without sitting near food, but to avoid the smoke smell, you will have to sacrifice some of the joy.
Make A Hair Bun
Putting long hair into a bun will also reduce the risk of getting campfire smoke into your hair. Your hair may smell a little smokey, but you will get rid of it with a little cleaning.
Is Camping Safe? Learn more about it.
How To Get Smell Of Fire Smoke Out Of Hair Without Washing?
Applying baking soda on hair will help remove the campfire smell. Add a small amount of baking soda and rub it gently on the hair and scalp. Brush your hair or use a comb to allow each hair shaft to get in contact with baking soda. Leave it for some time, and the smell will remove.
How Long Does Campfire Smell Last On Hair?
The campfire smell in the area usually lasts up to 30 minutes right after leaving the fire area. But your hair will trap this smell for longer, from hours to days, if you do not give proper treatment to your hair.
Is Bonfire Smoke Bad For Hair?
Yes, bonfire smell or smoke can lead to severe scalp irritation and cause skin dryness and breakage. You can prevent such damage by covering your hair with a headscarf.
It is always good to have during camping, but it doesn’t mean you have to smell like a campfire. You must avoid smoke getting inside your hair by keeping everything covered, or you can try some of these hacks to get rid of the campfire smell from your hair.
Never let the little smoke destroy your campfire fun. We hope the tips will help you keep your hair healthy and smell fresh.